Monday, March 17, 2014

Mystery Reader!!

Last week we had a mystery reader visit one of our 1st grade classes in the library.  This was a first for me, as I've never done this during one of my scheduled classes.  The kids were all excited. When I asked who they thought this might be, one of the students said, "It's your son." He was correct (not to mention that he was able to read the visitor tag my son was wearing with the name Alex Groden on it!). This information launched a series of comments such as, "I know someone named Alex," "My cousin has a friend named Alex," "My brother's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day," and more. Alex did his best to respond to each comment without giggling.  This was so fun for me to watch.

Alex, who will be graduating from law school this spring, had never read to a class before, but he was game.  I selected Interupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein.
                                         
                                       

What a fun story.  Alex did a great job reading it and the kids loved listening to him.
                                       
                                    

Alex also had some fun with the kids at the computers. They impressed him with their skills.
                                     
                              

Alex couldn't get over how happy and earnest our students are.  How happy and friendly the staff he met at Memorial School are. As his proud mom, I couldn't agree more.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Memorial School Library Blog!